Monday, May 23, 2011

I Really Don't Want To Do It

Today, I have one friend and one client who are writing papers, one is for a class the other a dissertation.  They are both struggling through the final phase of the process.  As much as I enjoy writing, I found the final phase of my Master's thesis a struggle too.  I wish I had some words of wisdom to offer.  "Hang in there."  "You're almost done."  "There's a light at the end of the tunnel."  These are all things I heard as I was nearing the end of my program.  During that time, I drew Runes to help me over the roughest spots.  I decided that, today, I would draw a Rune for them.

I sought advice on the idea of finishing a difficult project.  The Rune I drew in response to this inquiry was Wunjo reversed.  What does the Rune of Joy say in its reversed position?

Things are slow in coming to fruition.  Wunjo reversed reminds us that birth is a long and arduous process, not only with regard to children, but all things that we create that are worthwhile.  We undertake challenges for a reason and, sometimes completing those challenges becomes more than we bargained for.  Still, if we are serious, sincere, committed and open, we have laid the foundation for patience and perseverance, which is called for in times of struggle.  Trust in yourself and you cannot fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment